Arrival at orientation camp

The camp is supposed to be officialy opened on July 5th, 2011, but you know for some" ITK's" like me we came on July 4th. So my nysc year and events actually starts from July 4th.
I left the big city of Lagos for Delta/ Rivers state in the morning around 8:30 am. I was actually posted to Bayelsa state and the camp was located at  Kaiama Grammar School, Kaiama, Kolokuma/Opokuma L.G.A.
That sound tongue twisting abi, that was actually how I felt going to such place.
So that was why i was undecided where I was going to spend the nite maybe I should spend it at Warri or move on to Portharcourt. Anyway in the midst of my confusion, people in the bus encouraged me to go to Bayelsa camp and I also  met another corp member going to Bayelsa so I changed my mind and we dropped together at Kaiama busstop around 4.30 pm. So i made my first friend in my nysc year. His name is Gbeminiyi. At the kaiama camp, as we got down, we were assailed by traders of all sort. Buy this buy that. We bought items like bucket for bathing, belt, cooler,(for those who do not have) mosquito net, soap case, bathing bowl, foam tennis e.t.c From the bus stop, we took a bike to the orientation camp ground. 
On  getting there I was suprised to meet a lot of "ITK's"( I too know) like me, they were numbering like 200. We all sat down at the entrance of the camp cos the camp was not officially opened yet. Around 6.30 pm the camp officials came around and registration started. The first stop was verification of loads- our load was checked, fork, knives, mugs and any harmful object was fished out. Next stop was registration of name, school and call up no. 
Next is accommodation unit where I was given a bunk no 571 in hostel A.(some girls were lucky 6 of them - they were given a special room). Getting to the hostel it was so jam packed. 


Kemi nd Wale
I was fortunate to be at the window but today it was so so stuffy. My new bunk mate is my name sake Kemi. So i had corner mates. My actual bunkie is Ebun and my neighbours Esther and kemi. After settling down in the room, we later went to eat at the Mami market(this is common to all camps). Coming back to the hostel, I slept off almost immediately.
My first day on camp gone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Congratulations on Your Swearing in Ceremony as 2013 Batch B Corps members

Individual/Personal Cds project

How to collect a new posting letter in case of Rejection